- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 08-14-2013
Just surfing the web this morning and came across a site called crazyhealthfacts. I know we all need to use caution when getting our health info from the web, but I have have heard some of these facts in the past, so I will put a little more weight behind them, plus it didn't seem like they were trying to sell me anything.
You can read the full article by clicking on the link below, but here are some of the key facts that I found helpful:
1. Supplements are just that, a supplement to what should be a healthy well-rounded diet that consist of fruits, veges, nuts and lean protein. (Dr. Beth and I like the Paleo Diet as an ecample). When we eat foods that are full of the Vitamins and Minerals our body needs these foods are also full of the micro-nutrients that help our body absorb and use what we need.
2. You get what you pay for - Cheap or Generic vitamins may never be broken down by your body and can just become expensive poop. "It is not uncommon for people who work in sewer and septic systems to find whole, undigested vitamins in which the brand name is still readable on the pill."
3. Test them, from the article: "Try it for yourself. Boil up some hot water and drop whatever multivitamin you currently use right in a glass of it. See how long it takes for it to dissolve, if it ever does. We tried this with the NUTRILITE Double X vitamin and it took about five minutes to turn the glass into a complete orange color which smelled earthy and even looked drinkable."
I will assume that they thought 5 minutes was a reasonable time.
4. We use a whole food supplement made by a company called Juice+, but I am sure there are other high quality ones out there.
Have a Healthy day!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.